Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Calgary Sadness - It is not ending well

Started by cc, July 14, 2014, 03:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

On the kiddie and grandparents

Murder charges made - will be laid in court this afternoon - then they will confirm identity of the perp. Bodies not yet found, but obviously they have enough to be certain the victims are dead

"evidence was sufficient to make arrest"

Two 1st degree murder charges (proven pre-intent) - One 2nd degree (cannot prove pre-intent

Dammit!! The %^ker killed them all
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"On the kiddie and grandparents

Murder charges made - will be laid in court this afternoon - then they will confirm identity of the perp. Bodies not yet found, but obviously they have enough to be certain the victims are dead

"evidence was sufficient to make arrest"

Two 1st degree murder charges (proven pre-intent) - One 2nd degree (cannot prove pre-intent

Dammit!! The %^ker killed them all

Thanks for posting this cc li tarte..

Last I read was that the police had a person of interest in custody, but released him..

Very, very sad indeed.

cc

I believe the guy previously in custody is the same guy charged today

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"I believe the guy previously in custody is the same guy charged today

It is cc, Douglas Garland was in custody, then released and now charged with two counts of first degree murder and one count of second degree murder. Police still have no leads on the location of the bodies.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"I believe the guy previously in custody is the same guy charged today

Yes, you are right CC. It must be tough on the family who still held out hope their loved ones were still alive.

cc

I too well know the never ending feeling of losing children when cause and whereabouts were known almost immediately. In both cases there were no "doubts" to contend with.

The feelings of fear that a missing child "could be" dead, and then later to be "pretty sure" the child was dead but whereabouts is unknown is  certainly different from that. I cannot imagine the feelings.   Sadly it happens to many.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"I too well know the never ending feeling of losing children when cause and whereabouts were known almost immediately. In both cases there were no "doubts" to contend with.

The feelings of fear that a missing child "could be" dead, and then later to be "pretty sure" the child was dead but whereabouts is unknown is  certainly different from that. I cannot imagine the feelings.   Sadly it happens to many.

Nor can I cc li tarte. What a terrible ending even if we knew it was inevitable.

:(

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"I too well know the never ending feeling of losing children when cause and whereabouts were known almost immediately. In both cases there were no "doubts" to contend with.

Reading more about this tragedy, the accused did everything but leave his phone behind.

RW

I'm so sorry for your loss cc.  I know you've mentioned it before, but it still brings me to tears.  My heart breaks for you.

I've experienced a loved one going missing and after two weeks finding out he was deceased.  The news is such a bitter relief.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"

I'm so sorry for your loss cc.  I know you've mentioned it before, but it still brings me to tears.  My heart breaks for you.

I've experienced a loved one going missing and after two weeks finding out he was deceased.  The news is such a bitter relief.

Fuck, how did I miss that post by CC? Just don't know what to say, so I will leave it to the native English speakers to convey what we all feel.

cc

S'OK gang. There is nothing anyone can say. Just knowing you care is good.

THANKS!!!

Even with my two immediately known situations, I cannot imagine what a parent or child in this particular type situation of suspecting but not knowing must feel ..... followed later by knowing they are gone .... compounded by  not knowing where they are

Edit: Actually now I think back on it, I was in that position briefly .... I don't re-think  the details much. I'm recalling that horrible evening now ... and how a friend of my son called to say my son's girlfriend was killed ... Immediately and for a while I tried to track son down  when it hit me between the eyes .....  my daughter was likely with her and the caller  was afraid to tell me?  ... Without confirmation, I "knew" ... sheer indescribable  panic and terror ... I  called to confirm the worse. Son lost 18 yr old  girl friend and 16 yr old sister in the crash

RW

I am pretty good with words but I don't always know the right thing to say to something so tragic.

After reading your story cc, it's taken me almost 20 minutes to stop bawling my eyes out and hyperventilating enough to type.  No mother should have to know that panic or that terror.  It's not right!  I'm so sorry that happened to your family.  I'm sorry that there is some crazy murderous asshole reminding you that he intentionally took life that was stolen from you.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

I did allow  my own refreshed feelings to be projected into the poor people in this Calgary tragedy. But, even with what I have experienced myself,  I can't wrap my head or heart around what they must feel and have felt for weeks.  I did not intend to provoke sorrow, but I know that you are aware of that.

As for my own losses, knowing that others and especially fine people like yourself and some others  care does help. Our son took the worse hit and it affected his future in many ways ... far too much for a 19 yr old boy to contend with .. a major  life changer for him and to maybe a slightly lesser degree to myself. In the aftermath I see life, all parts of it and priorities through a VERY different lense

Renee

Quote from: "cc li tarte"S'OK gang. There is nothing anyone can say. Just knowing you care is good.

THANKS!!!

Even with my two immediately known situations, I cannot imagine what a parent or child in this particular type situation of suspecting but not knowing must feel ..... followed later by knowing they are gone .... compounded by  not knowing where they are

Edit: Actually now I think back on it, I was in that position briefly .... I don't re-think  the details much. I'm recalling that horrible evening now ... and how a friend of my son called to say my son's girlfriend was killed ... Immediately and for a while I tried to track son down  when it hit me between the eyes .....  my daughter was likely with her and the caller  was afraid to tell me?  ... Without confirmation, I "knew" ... sheer indescribable  panic and terror ... I  called to confirm the worse. Son lost 18 yr old  girl friend and 16 yr old sister in the crash

It took me a while to gather myself after reading this. I had no idea.

In a situation like this "I'm sorry" always sounds so inane and not nearly adequate enough. But what else can we convey but our feelings of sorrow at a loss so great? My biggest fear is losing one of my children and I'm not sure I could emotionally or even physically survive something like that. My thoughts and prayers go out to you cc as well as your son.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"S'OK gang. There is nothing anyone can say. Just knowing you care is good.

THANKS!!!

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJTq62VnMNJk8DLqXYO3_nlT_s-krI-CQ_3zA9QEoIo8kZd3QZ">